Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week1 EOC: Great Custumer Experience


When I had trailer tires that when bad…

While driving my travel trailer down the highway I heard a loud thump.  I pulled over and checked what had happened and found the entire tread surface had separated from one of my trailer tires.  After switching to my spare I continued my trip.  After my trip, I went back to the dealer I purchased the tires from. I purchased an extended warranty when I had bought the tires originally, and expected to get the tire replaced. When the technician and I went and looked at the tire, he was concerned about the way the tire had failed. He looked at the other three tires on the trailer and noticed two others with what looked to be a similar problem beginning to happen. He said he would replace those as well under warranty. As he was filling out the work order the Manager came over to see how everything was going and showed concern about the situation. He then directed the technician to go ahead and replace all tires under warranty, to ensure there would be no further problems with the tires, and it would keep all the tires the same. This is a great example of one definition of marketing. “[P]erhaps the simplest definition is this one: Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships. The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction (Marketing an Introduction, p.5).” The technician and the manager both did everything they could to ensure I left satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment